On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 1:33 AM Dick Grolleman PA3FQA wrote:

> Windows 10 decided to do an update yesterday. After that DX4win wasn't
> working any more. Lots of errors missing file and so on.
> So I did a new install of DX4WIN and all works again, I do have my log ok.
> The inly thing that goes wrong is that 3D2 Fiji is suddenly at 187 degrees
> and only 7791 km away.
>
> 3D2/R Rotuma is still at 14 degrees and over 15000km away, what is right.
>
> What is wrong with the mapping of Fiji?

Dick, the IOTA for Fiji has had the wrong latitude/longitude for some
time.  I fixed this in the most recent country file release on April
18.  The issue came to light recently when R207RRC operated from IOTA
AS-207, which also had the same problem.  I noticed it because the
sunrise/sunset times did not make any sense.  These four IOTA all had
the same problem and were fixed:

    IOTA AS-027
    IOTA AS-092
    IOTA AS-207
    IOTA OC-016 (Fiji)

The IOTA database defines a latitude/longitude "box" inside of which
the IOTA lies.  In these four cases, the left-hand side of the box was
to the WEST of the International Date Line, and the right-hand side of
the box was to the EAST of the International Date Line.  This caused
the calculation of the center of the box to put it near 0 degrees
longitude instead of near 180 degrees longitude.

As it turns out, the IOTA Web Site at https://www.iota-world.org/ also
had the same problem with their sunrise/sunset calculations.  I
notified them and it was fixed within a day.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us