thanks Mike and Tim, did the write config file, saved and exited, now the number 3 issue is sorta right but it still comes out a tad bit large showing part of the IOTA window section.... I still have to hit F5 to get it to fit, but you are correct in that it tries to show the last window selected. Perhaps this is a Win 10 issue..... wish #1 and #2 still behave the same! Anyway small issues and I have a whole lot more to worry about! like where did I leave the box with all the masks in? lol, 73's Cort K4WI

Mike Cizek W0VTT <mailto:mgci...@gmail.com>
Monday, August 10, 2020 1:43 PM
Hello Courtney,

Set all the windows the way you want them. Then do:
File > Preferences > File > Write configuration file.
Save Changes and Exit.
The windows, including the QSO entry window, will come up that same way now.

Mike Cizek W0VTT
-----Original Message-----
From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of Courtney Judd
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:44
To: Dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Dx4win] wish list!

Afternoon All! here is a wish list for DX4WIN that I would like to see
implemented in a new version if possible! I am using version 9.0.9.1259
and have close to 150K contacts stored in it. I absolutely love this
program and support it and Paul for sure. Here are 3 improvements that
would be easy and simply changes that could be made user selectable.

1: I would like the program Log Entry window to open with a new entry
instead of last entry. I have to remember to hit F9 to clear this last
entry every time I start the program (every morning) and me getting old
and forget it and causes problems. This could be a user selectable in
Preferences.

2: I would prefer that under Help Menu that the Update window open with
everything UN-selected instead of ALL selected. I normally only update
the Country Files so have to manually un-check everything. This could be
user selectable too.

3: I would like for the Log Entry window to open in the smallest window
possible. F5 selects between multiple sizes and it opens in the mid-size
and I have to re-size it every day. I would like it to stay in the size
I select as it covers up my CW window.

These are not big issues for sure and are just flea bites in my side and
I am sure that others have bigger or more important changes they would
like to see, but these three are the ones that bug me the most! I hope
everyone staying safe and healthy... me very bored with stay at home but
getting some serious radio time in. Thanks for listening and 73's Cort K4WI