> Both the State and County reports show states in alphabetical order.
> I looked at every state listed in both reports and cannot see a DC state.

Bud, I don't think that's what Paul meant.

In the QSO window, use the Sort menu to sort by State.  Use
control-END to look at the last few QSOs in your log to see if there
is an unusual value in the State field.  Then while still sorted by
State, use F8 and search for AK.  When the first QSO comes up, type
ESC and use the page-up key to go BACKWARD from that QSO.  Again, see
if there is an unusual value in the State field.

This won't find state strings that are not state abbreviations, but
lie somewhere between AK and WY.  I'm not sure how to do it from this
point, other than searching each of the 50 state abbreviations, using
ESC, then see if earlier QSO(s) contain a non-state abbreviation.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, https://www.ad1c.us