I don't have an XML subscription and yes, the F3 feature works in my setup. There's always a catch, though, and in this case by "works" it means supplies and populates the basic contact info like the operator name, address, state, and IOTA. Sorry to say that if you want additional details like a county, grid, or anything else, you probably need an XML subscription (disclaimer - -that's my guess since I don't have it).

73,

Zoran WA7AA

Actually, I think you have to pay and have an XML account (the minimum account) for this feature to work? Yes, you can do lookups by going to the website and searching....or my doing the Alt F3 technique (which does NOT pop up a populated window with the info...rather just takes you to the QRZ website), but to use the F3 technique and have the window pop up with the info in the DX4WIN program, I'm pretty sure you have to be a paid XML account user. Perhaps someone who is NOT a paid XML account member can try it and chime in yes or no. Of course, for the F3 to work properly, you also have to configure it correctly in Preferences.

I'm 90+% sure you have to be an XML paid subscriber on QRZ to fully use the F3 popup window.....because "back in the day", when I couldn't get mine to work and the popup window was blank....I posted on here and asked and was told by DX4WIN folks that was my issue. I joined/paid for the XML subscription, and then....without changing any config in DX4WIN...it started immediately working.

K4TK

Tim Moore
PMP