Same for me.
Start with the basics. What is the file that's being double-clicked upon?
Is it the actual dx4win.exe, or is it a shortcut that might be pointing to
the wrong file?
Right click the file and choose "Open". Does that work?
Obviously dx4win is installed and can be executed (as double-click on a log
file opens it), so something is not working properly for whatever they're
clicking.
(I've seen cases where people saved the TQSL installer on their desktop and
double click that to open TQSL, then complain that it runs the installer
rather than opening TQSL.)
73,
    -Rick

On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 5:25 AM David Gould <d...@g3ueg.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Not sure if any help,  but having just checked on my (up-to-date) W11
> machine,  DX4Win starts perfectly OK with me if I double-click the
> executable in File manager.
>
> (I normally start with a desktop Icon.)
>
> 73,
>
> Dave   G3UEG
>

> On 29/05/2023 21:48, Paul van der Eijk wrote:
> > Hi, I'm wondering if someone can provide some insight!
> >
> > I have a customer who cannot run dx4win by double-clicking on the
> > executable. There is no error message etc. dx4win does not produce a bug
> > report. However, when double clicking a log file in the Save
> sub-directory
> > the program starts and loads the log!
> >
> > He experiences the same problem on a second computer alos running Windows
> > 11.
> >
> > His virus checker has been disabled.
> >
> > Any ideas, suggestions?
> >
> > --Paul, KK4HD

Rick Murphy, D. Sc., CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA