>At 09:38 PM 2/10/2001 -0500, Bob wrote:
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>  I'm
>> > talking about THE ABILITY OF EGOLD-USING COMMERCIAL ENTERPIRES, TO
>> > ADVERTISE TO THE EGOLD COMMUNITY.
>>
>>We have no way other than hit or miss. You're absolutely right, JP.
>>One of the most important reasons for advertising is simply to let
>>people know that you exist, or what you sell, or what a current
>>special is. It's a means of communicating.
>>

>Not in my book (or in Sergio Zyman's book - "End of Marketing As We
>Knew It").  The main reason to advertise is to sell products!
>Marketing or PR may be a way of communication.
>
>For those of us in the US, do you remember the Coca Cola ads around
>the Super Bowl a couple of years ago where Mean Joe Green was going
>in to the  lockers and a youngster tried talking to him, and finally
>got his attention with a Coke?  The ad won awards, is one of the
>best known ads on TV, yada, yada, yada.  Yet Zyman (who was CMO at
>Coca Cola at the time) pulled the ad very quickly.  Why?  "Because
>it didn't bring more customers into the stores."
>
>Advertising needs to be consistent, timely and focused.

That story is not really relevant George - sure, some ads work and some don't.

(Have you ever met Sergio, BTW?)

However advertising, generally speaking, certainly works.

>>That payment page is the choke point. The funnel.

>>Man, would that be valuable to have a banner there for a while,
>>every now and then.
>>
>>68,459 funded accounts divided by 9111 spends/day equals
>>about 8 days to be exposed to some large percentage of the spenders.
>>
>>You're right JP. Advertising is commercial grease, oil, silicon
>>spray to commerce.
>
>Banner ads are the least effective way to advertise.  The return is
>less than 1/2 of 1% return.

Where do you get that figiure from and what does it mean?

Are you talking ROI, % retainment or what?

I have run many ad banner campaigns for different entities and
clients, and some work some don't. (No different from TV ads, really.)

>  Which is why ad companies like iVillage, Yahoo and others are
>suffering and looking for new ways to generate revenue.
>
>Banner ads are supposedly good for generating brand awareness, but I
>haven't seen any definitive facts on that.
>
>Advertising is definitely needed, but you need to use effective
>advertising, which is an art in itself.

Well whatever but I want you, George, or anyone, to state in English
the following:

How do I put a message in front of people who actually use e-gold.

Now, so far, I have thought of two ways:

(i) if one could get the complete list of all the email addresses of
all e-gold account users who make a spend more than once per month
(that would rock)

or

(ii) by putting a message on the spend confirm page in the egold
spend mechanism.

I am absolutely wanting to know any OTHER WAY of reaching people who
actually use e-gold.

Actually, i'm offering a 5 gram bounty RIGHT NOW to anyone who can
state in English without waffling any other method for reaching
people who actually use e-gold.  I'd be very happy to send on the 5
grams!