-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 5:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Urgent message about E-Gold FRAUD ALERT

Subj:    Urgent message about E-Gold

Hi everyone,

Of course this could be a false alarm as a lot of them are.... but...
if any of you have an E-Gold account it would be wise to be aware
of this notice that I just received this morning from a reliable source.

Have a productive day!

Helen
There is a clever thief out there who is stealing gold with a replica
> of e-gold's site.  He has sent out emails claiming you have won
> $10,000 and to click on the link to log into your egold account.
>
> The link looks like "www.e-gold.com"  but he has replaced the "g"
> with a "q" (Q) so it's indistinguishable at first glance.  If you
> click on it it will take you to a private server that looks EXACTLY
> like e-gold's site, but it ISNT.  After you have entered your egold
> account number and password of course, he drains your egold account
> from the real egold site.
>
> The dns numbers (identifying numbers for the server being used)
> traces back to wwwe-gold.com (notice it is missing the dot between
> the www and "e"), so both wwwe-gold and e-qold are being used by the
> thief.   Once you click on it, the url address in your browser will
> show numbers similar to 216.147.53.88/acct/index.html, instead of
> www.e-gold.com which the real e-gold shows.
>
> So bottom line, if you get a message telling you you have won egold,
> you may want to forward it to e-gold so they can trace it and be on
> guard from the accounts he may be using, and be sure you dont log
> into the fake one if you cllick on it.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.