>>I _already_ pay a mountain of taxes so that we
>> can have a government to prosecute criminals and a court system to settle
>> disputes, and your client should use those resources instead of expecting
>> the rest of us to be roped into paying for what amounts to an insurance
>> policy.
>
>Perhaps this is the answer -  insurance.
>Whereby an e-gold accountholder has the choice of purchasing
>insurance to cover spends from his account.
>
>This ensures that e-gold's non-repudiable policy is kept intact while those
>who want insurance pay for it.
>The rest are not affected.
>
>The annual cost of bulk coverage is suprisingly very low. Recently Citibank
>introduced a credit card for Internet transactions with 100% protection by
>insurance.
>The cost of such insurance - no more than $1 per year!

A smart idea, but, you would never in a thousand trillion years be
able to insure a group of customers against incompetently having
their passwords stolen.

The premiums would be 100% of the risk.

The chance of having your credit card used in a fraud incident is
miniscule, one in millions of transactions.

In contrast, people seem to be incredibly incompetent at not having
their passwords misused, typing the wrong account number (wave! I did
it!) etc.