On 26 Jun 2001, at 13:58, Viking Coder wrote:

> They have. They made a proud, high-faluting claim of being 150%
> backed. Then they described what they actually meant when they said
> 150% backed; 50% paper fiat cash, 50% paper gold certificates, 50%
> gold. Which means they aren't 100% backed by hard gold.

Indeed, I think they did... but I have seen this claim only here on
the e-gold list. It is nowhere to be found on their website nor is
there any detailed on their coprorate governance.

As such this backing is OK, depending on the nature of paper gold
certificates. But until they really published what they are all about, I
am not willing to take them seriously.

Claude

http://www.goldcurrencies.ca
http://www.ormetal.com