> removal of MSN Messenger on XP:
> http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/20329.html
>
> note the the first method noted there is the one posted to
> this list recently. sounds like the second method (start -> run etc)
> might prove more reliable.
>
> disclaimer:
> not completely reviewed or tried by myself, use at your own risk.
>
> jay w.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yeah, the first method doesn't really do anything. Looking through the
.inf file revealed to me the second method seperately to reading what you
posted.

You need to shut IE, Outlook, MSN Explorer (a component which can actually
be uninstalled), and of course MSN Messenger itself.

Then run that command, and sure enough, MSN Messenger is gone.

What long term effects this may have on other things is beyond me, so do
it at your own risk.

Good job Jay