From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >One might consider such a practice immoral simply because it
> >introduces the possibility of error and the appearance of impropriety.
>
> PC, the idea that you can slush funds around in non-segregated
> accounts.  ... A corporation can't get away with it.

JP:

All of the liabilities of 1mdc to its account holders reside in one e-gold
account #808081.  Your liability to "Joe Schmoe" is mixed right in there
with your liability to "Patrick Chkoreff".

This is exactly analogous to the situation with the E-Gold Special Purpose
Trust.  The Trust has a liability to each e-gold account holder, and they
happen to have other liabilities as well, all lumped together into one trust
account.

I do not understand why you think the practices of the E-Gold Special
Purpose Trust are scandalous.  They are not scandalous.  They are ordinary.

You have suggested a possible balance sheet structure for the E-Gold Special
Purpose Trust:

Assets:                                1,952,954.93
Liability to e-gold account holders:   1,933,849.01
Liability to other unnamed parties:       19,105.92
Equity:                                        0.00

There is literally NOTHING wrong, immoral, non-standard, or underhanded
about this.  Every company has a pile of assets, a pile of liabilities, and
possibly a pile of equity, and E-Gold Special Purpose Trust is no different.

I simply do not see what is wrong with having gold in the Trust that does
not belong to e-gold account holders.  Please illuminate me on this point.

-- Patrick