Patrick wrote:
>I didn't say it would ever be easy.  I'm just wondering if it can be
>easier than it is today.

Let me pose a specific scenario.

Imagine how cool it would be if I could tell an employer to direct-deposit
my paycheck into a certain "bank," and unbeknownst to my employer the funds
would actually go to a market maker acting "as" a bank who would then dump
gold into my account.

I mean, we're kind of getting there with Gaithman's and other MM's ability
to direct deposit funds into their accounts and receive gold in
return.  All we need is a direct deposit route.

Sure, the funding of your gold account would not be "easy" for the market
maker.  He would definitely have to confirm receipt of funds, wait the
proper number of days, acquire new bars, and all the hard stuff implied by
the May Scale.  It's just that HE'D have to do it, not YOU.  :-)   :-)

-- Patrick