Dear Sidd,

This will reveal your limited access PIK... use the limited
access PIK to log in with limited access, and likewise use
your read-only PIK for read-only access.

Ah, I see. That's nifty.

You can also activate PGP security for your account

Yes, I've done so. It is also spiffy. Spaceman Spiff spiffy.

I was wondering whether the PGP security might be a stand-alone
login, but I see that your system uses the PIK/password to
identify the account being logged into.

The thing is Jim, despite what the detractors say, Pecunix
does have a much higher level of security than the competing
DGC's and it is NOT DIFFICULT to use!

Okay. I think that is true. In my opinion, Pecunix has a level of security which is comparable to e-Bullion's Cryptocard access, without the expense of the card.

There is no need to have lower levels of access security.

It takes getting used to, Sidd. The PIK/password approach is different - more secure by design but also more unusual.

<voice="Tom Jones">It's quite unusual...to see me PIK.</voice>

we need to help users to protect themselves, despite their
best efforts to the contrary.

It seems necessary to provide systems which are more secure by design. A key advantage for Pecunix is that there are various other online gold services and online fiat-transfer services which are not nearly as secure.

Yes, I think so... the alternative would be Java... either way,
it is never a good idea to run any type of program from a
browser... it is open to all kinds of abuse... Imagine the
fun that copycat sites could have if the user was actually
willing (and expecting) the site to download a program to
the browser!

Interesting. I think that's part of what dBourse does when I go to log in there.

Regards,

Jim

--- You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.