From: Fujinaka, Todd [mailto:todd.fujin...@intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:06 AM
To: Dan Zulaica <dan.zulaica...@gmail.com>; Kirsher, Jeffrey T
<jeffrey.t.kirs...@intel.com>
Cc: e1000-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [E1000-devel] e1000 driver compile

First, you really haven't shown us any of the error messages you're getting.
Second, you really do need the kernel headers for your version of the kernel.

When you install the kernel headers, you should've done something like "apt
install linux-headers-`uname -r`" (everything within the quotes) and something
similar for the extras.

Cut-and-paste the errors (remember to paste them all) and maybe even file a bug
and attach your whole dmesg if there's a run-time issue.

Todd Fujinaka
Software Application Engineer
Datacenter Engineering Group
Intel Corporation