From: Dave Bailey <dsbai...@pacbell.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 4:48 PM
To: e1000-de...@lists.sf.net
Subject: [E1000-devel] ixgbe Linux V. 5.9.4

this version added support for 2.5 Gbps and 5 Gbps auto-negotiation

for adapters X550 and later. however, for switches that support

these speeds (and so advertise) but /do not/ advertise those modes

(e.g. Netgear MS-510TX), the changes don't' suffice, and the

adapter reverts to 1 Gb/s speed. I enclose a simple change to

the *ixgbe_setup_phy_link_speed_generic* function that fixes the issue.

Note that the Windows drivers support these speeds out of the box.