On 10/09/12 20:40, Jason Hollenberg wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I recently downloaded a new copy of InstantVNC from the SourceForge
> site to use for remote family support and noticed that every time I
> start the application it gives the welcome screen with prompts to
> run normally or to customize. I?m not holding down the shift key
> when I launch the application and I?ve tried it from several
> different computers as well as re-downloading it from the
> SourceForge site a few times. I can save my custom settings when I
> click customize but it always returns back to the same welcome
> screen when I launch the application. Previous versions of
> InstantVNC did not do this whenever I used them in the past.
>

> Any ideas?

I had the same problem on an XP machine.

Every time I tried to run it or save the settings, no joy it always
ran with prompt and also only some of the settings were saved.

When I changed the background image however it started behaving
correctly and have had no problems since.

- From my experience it seems the act of changing the background image
fixes whatever is causing the problem.

My apologies Scott for not posting my problem and findings but was
really busy and to be honest was behind the eight ball at the time.
When I got it working I carried on (fast) with the next hurdle
thankful that that hurdle was over.

Hope this helps.
Jim

- --