>Would the world be a better place with 1,000 more of you, or >Susan, or
Joe Dees on the side of change or would the world
>be worse? Not only do we need each and every one we can muster on >board,
but I believe we need ten thousand times more who are >researching,
investigating, writing, arguing, clashing, consoling, >questioning,
complaining, and speaking Ecofem. We need twenty >million times more who
are actually participating Ecofem in
>every media possible. Even then we would have far too few.

**********
Thank you Donna for your wise words, and Susan, and Jane, and Chris, and
Joe, and all the others whose voices of reason/spirit have made an effort
to keep our list together. I second you. We need every one of us who care
about ecofeminism.  Let's give ourselves the benefit of the doubt.

Sending all good thoughts to you, --E.

At 10:27 PM 3/15/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear Chris,
>
>I missed quite a bit of what has been happening on this listserve, but
from what
>little I have been able to glean from recent posts I am saddened and sorry
that
>there are people here who are more than willing to eliminate any one for
any reason
>who is working on relevant social issues. >
>Today on C-span, a US cable channel that often airs live political events,
the
>Feminist Majority was brought to light in the efforts they are making to
ease the
>suffering of women under Taliban rule, I would have wished you could have
seen it.
>I would have asked for your comments. I am not sure I understand
everything you
>write but I've seen that at the heart of Eco-renewal most definitely is a
long
>overdue and much needed re-understanding of scripture.
>
>I only know King James but it's been fascinating transcribing the
beginnings of an
>environmental biblical concordance with two professors at my university (as a
>humanist it's been a remarkable experience), watching as one-time traditional
>dominion theory Christian churches in this country are beginning to form
coalitions
>to fight important social and environmental issues from a position of
'caring for
>creation.' It is this re-thinking, re-evaluation of their scripture that will
>create change among the masses in this religious arena. Perhaps this will
create
>change in the political and cultural arena as well over time.
>
>Again, I believe our common plight requires many diverse voices to reach many
>diverse people. I guarantee that what is appropriate to one will always be
>inappropriate to another, that is the nature of our current global 'in'
ability to
>communicate. It should never be considered a problem, only simple logic and
>reasoning... simple marketing pr.  However one chooses to see it, we can
not afford
>to lose even one voice.  No one here can know for certain which note will
strike a
>chord in someone to be carried out into the world beyond this list.
>
>I wish you much success in your travels and your teachings.
>/donna

Elizabeth L. MacNabb, PhD
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Service Learning, Career Development Center
Richmond Hall, UR, Richmond, VA 23173
phone 804-289-8686, fax 804-287-6465