Helllooo Donnna!!!!!   Good to "hear" your voice again.  I second your
emotion:  where is everyone these days?
I have just finished a two day conference on Philanthropy where we started
off with Ralph Nader as our token radical.  Ralph exhorted us to remember
that the need for charity in a community decreases in direct proportion to
the availability of justice.  Yet we finished the two days with a panel
bragging about how many large "gifts" they had been able to bring to their
university.  Two of the four members of this panel were downright hostile
when I suggested that the curriculum of our core humanities course might
benefit from an infusion of issues from Ralph Nader's "real world" of
social justice.  Seems they felt the pure, intellectual nature of the
course might be contaminated by an assignment that asked students to serve
the community in some way.....
All I can say is, I'll try to keep fighting the good fight, and I'm glad to
know that you and others are out there, Donna!

Best, --E.
Richmond, VA