----- forwarded message ------
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:41:57 +0100
From: info <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Environmental Justice Political Training for Youth of
Color
----- forwarded message ------
Subject: [HelpAsia] ANNOUNCEMENT: Environmental Justice Political Training for
        Youth of Color
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:20:04 -0500
From: Aditi Vaidya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To Whom It May Concern:

As the Director of the Environmental Justice Summer Training Academy (EJ STA)
here at the Center for Environmental Citizenship (CEC), I would like to inform
you of our new political skills training, focusing on environmental justice
through political skills sessions.

Below please find an announcement for our new 2001 EJ STA. Please forward this
to other listservs or people you think would be interested?

Thank you for your time. Please feel free to contact me if you should have any
questions.

En Solidaridad,
Aditi

TIRED OF POLITICIANS IGNORING YOUR COMMUNITY?

It's time to build political power and make your voice heard! Learn how at the
2001 Environmental Justice Summer Training Academy (EJ STA).

Join other community and student organizers (ages 18-29) who are leading the
charge to make environmental justice a priority in the 2001 elections and
beyond. The Center for Environmental Citizenship and League of Conservation
Voters Education Fund's EJ STA is an intensive 6-day program that trains young
people of color in political skills to protect our communities. Through skill
sessions and campaign simulations you'll learn:

-How to run a winning campaign
-How to impact critical social and public health issues
-How to organize online and in the media

...the tools you need to make a difference in your community and on
your campus!

Rolling Admissions -- APPLY NOW for your best chance to get in!!

Apply online now and learn more about environmental justice at
http://www.ejnow.org

Time: June 9 - 14, 2001
Location: Washington, D.C.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, April 13, 2001

It's only $50, due upon acceptance, for 6 days of housing, food, and amazing
trainings.

For more information contact:

Aditi Vaidya, EJ STA Director, at 202.547.8658, or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Aditi Vaidya
Director, Environmental Justice Summer Training Academy
Center for Environmental Citizenship
www.envirocitizen.org

APPLY TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE SUMMER TRAINING ACADEMY ONLINE AT:

www.ejnow.org

WE'VE MOVED!!!
200 G Street, NE Suite 300
Washington, DC 20002