Lisa Anne Zilney is organizing a session entitled "Learning From the Animals:
Exploring the Role of Nonhumans in the Classroom” at the Society for the Study
of Social Problems meeting in Atlanta, Georgia, August 15-17, 2003. This
thematic session seeks submissions to illustrate the varied methods of
bringing nonhumans into academic course teachings in a variety of fields.  The
session will be conducted as a workshop wherein presenters will share teaching
exercises and/or techniques.  Please submit the exercise you will present or
an overview of the orientation you adopt throughout the semester to merge the
nonhuman animal with human society.  Please send all relevant materials to:
Lisa Anne Zilney, Department of Sociology, University of Tennessee, 906
McClung Tower, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA, 37996 or via email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] PLEASE NOTE: Deadline for receipt of submissions is January
31, 2003.

Lisa Anne Zilney, Ph.D. Candidate
University of Tennessee, Sociology, 901 McClung Tower
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-0490; (W) 865-974-6021

Live as if you were to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you were to live forever---Mahatma
Gandhi
Sometimes we use our minds not to discover facts but to hide them---Antonio Damasio