Hello Eco-loggers

The Environmental Conservation and Research Center (ECRC) of the American
University of Armenia and the Birds of Armenia Project (BOA) would like to
invite interested parties for a joint research project.

The ECRC /BOA has developed a long term research project on stork reproduction
and nesting habits in Western Armenia.  We are mapping every nest in Armenia
with GIS and following the success (# eggs, hatchling and nestling success) of
every nest as part of a long term White Stork project.  Given the recent
development of Bird flu in Dagobayzit, Turkey a mere 25 miles from the highest
densities of the white stork population in Armenia, and the ability of the
white stork to carry bird flu, we see an opportunity/necessity to expand our
research.  We would like to invite interested parties to work with us to
include issues of movement of white storks and longer migrations, threats
associated with white stork movement, threats to European populations as well
etc...

We would like to submit an application (Due Feb 3.) to Northstar Science and
Technology transmitter grant program which supplies 8 free satellite
transmitters.  However, we do need funding to cover the cost of satellite
rental.  That is still to be discussed.  We would also be interested in
applying for a USAID funded Global Development Alliance grant which is looking
to support education/environment and bird flu issues.

Please contact me if you are interested or if you have questions.  Please
forward this e-mail to any other list-servs or parties you think may be
interested in collaboration.

Sincerely, Renee Richer

Renee A. Richer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Director, Environmental Conservation and Research Center
American University of Armenia
40 Baghramian Avenue #136
Yerevan, Armenia 375019
[EMAIL PROTECTED]