Postdoctoral Scientist, Salt Marsh Carbon and Water Fluxes

Position Summary:
A postdoctoral position examining carbon and water fluxes in New England salt marsh is available at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole.
Additional Information:
The MBL has a long-term ecological research (LTER) site located in the watersheds and marshes surrounding Plum Island Sound. We are interested in understanding the carbon dynamics of salt marsh ecosystems, especially how carbon and water fluxes change with season and with variation in sea level. This position is focused on observing and modeling landscape level CO2 and water fluxes using an eddy covariance tower and in-situ sensors in tidal creeks.

The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with other investigators in the LTER who are examining C dynamics at the plot and leaf level. The position will be based in Woods Hole at the Marine Biological Laboratory but we expect that a considerable amount of time will be spent at our field station up at Plum Island, where housing is provided.

Review of applications will begin April 2 and continue until the position is filled. Funding support is available for 2 years. We would like to have the successful candidate in place by early summer.
Basic Qualifications:
A Ph.D. with a focus on carbon cycling and experience quantifying mass and energy transfer across a land-atmosphere boundary. The successful candidate should be capable of setting up and operating an eddy covariance system in the field, possess excellent computational skills, and have a background in the analysis of eddy covariance data. The candidate should have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to conduct high-quality research.
Preferred Qualifications:
A thorough understanding of carbon cycling in wetlands, while not required would be beneficial.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume/CV
Cover Letter