On Thursday, January 24, 2002, at 11:08 PM, Rob S. wrote:

> Bingo!  Thanks a lot Robert! =)
>
> Icing on the cake would be if I could get a carriage return before the
> root element (after the DTD), having already set everything to
> prettyPrint.  I can live with that because it's just an aesthetic issue,
> thankfully ;)

i've taken a quick look but i can't find an obvious easy fix. pretty print
formatting is controlled by the parent not the child so it'd be useful if
you could tell me what your particular parent element is or even better
supply a small snippet of code giving me an example of your use of Doctype.

- robert