Hi Thufir,

Would there a be a better approach to this class?

It's just supposed to output a result set. however, since there has to be an update mechanism, I figured that might as well be incorporated as well.

One thing I notice is that there's no real need to extend table, so I think I'm taking maybe a bad approach.

Depends on your preferences. If you're in need of an ecs table constructed from a resultset, then i don't see any real problems with this approach. Maybe, i would prefer some kind of factory instead, but that's my personal opinion.

Also, I'm getting a null pointer error further down, commented in CAPS. At first the data is good, then a null value. Oh, maybe the start of a nonexistent column? Not sure.

Depends on your database: If some columns allow null values, you can of course get NULL in a resultset. When you know the type of a cols value is int (col 1), you can directly get the int from the resultset by using rs.getInt(j), with rs.wasNull() you can check if the last cols value in database was null (you're in need of this check, because when ie using getInt(), you don't know if the resulting int 0 is 0 because that's the value in database or in database there was null.

---snip---
for (int j = 1; j <= colCount; j++) {
  TD td = new TD();
  td.setPrettyPrint(isPretty);
  if (j == 1) {
      int id = Integer.parseInt(element);
      Form form = this.getDeleteButtonForm(resultSet.getInt(j));
      td.addElement(form);
  } else {
      String element =  resultSet.getString(j);
      if ( resultSet.wasNull() ) {
        td.addElement("-");
      } else {
        Form form = new ElementForm(element, 1,2);
        //form.addElement(element);
        td.addElement(form);
      }
  }