>Dream Title              Blue Moon

There were several powerful symbols in this dream.

>It was night, there was a full moon (I know... it sounds like a cliche
>opening) and I was standing in a small grove. I was watching the moon
>rise above the trees which was to my right. As I turned to the left
viewing
>the surrounding area my eyes rested upon a hugh earth mound. As I
>looked  down toward my feet, I saw that my hand was resting upon a
>outcrop of  smooth stone about waist high.

I thought you might like to read what Barbara Walker has to say about
groves and the goddess known as Isis in her book "The Women's
Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets":

"GROVE, SACRED Next to a cave, a grove was the most popular uterine
symbol in ancient religions, even among the early biblical Semites, to
whom Asherah was the Mother-Goddess of the Grove. A large tree, pillar or
obelisk within the grove often represented the male god inside the
Goddess as both child and lover.

"The Old Testament 'Asherah' is translated 'grove,' without any
explanation that the sacred grove represented the Goddess' genital
center, birthplace of all things. In the matriarchal period, Hebrews
worshipped the Goddess in groves (1 Kings 14:23), later cut down by
patriarchal reformers who burned the bones of Asherah's prirests on their
own altars (2 Chronicles 24:4-5). ...

"...The Goddess's grove-yoni was 'Athra qaddisa,' the 'holy place'
(literally 'divine harlot'). Sometimes she was called simply 'Holiness,'
a word later applied to Yahweh. ... In Egypt she was also a Law-giving
Mother, Ashesh, an archaic form of Isis; the name meant both 'pouring
out' and 'supporting,' the functions of her breasts. ... Some called her
'Great Lady of Ashert, the lady of heaven, the queen of the gods.' "

And from the Egyptian Book of the Dead (as cited by Walker)), Isis was:

    Terrible one, lady of the rain-storm, destroyer of the souls of men,
     devourer of the bodies of men, orderer, producer, and maker of
     slaughter ... Hewer-in-pieces in blood, Ahibit, lady of hair ...
Fire-lover,
     pure one, lover of slaughterings, cutter off of heads, devoted one,
     lady of the Great House ... her name is Clother, hider of her
creations,
     conqueror of hearts, swallower of them ... Knife which cutteth when
     its name is uttered, slayer of those who approach thy flame.

>As I looked at the hand, I saw a ring with a blue stone in it. It was
>my right hand. The ring looked familiar, similar to the lapis lazuli my
>sick friend had given me on my birthday several years back. She
>knew  nothing of the stone, just thought it was me and had it mounted.

>As I looked at the ring, the entire hand and ring began to glow with
>the same eerie blue light. At that moment my eye was caught by a
>movement  at the mound. A door was sliding open from right to left
>and inside I saw two stone tablets with writing similar to hieroglyphics
>but somehow different.  As my curiosity became immersed with the
tablets,
>the door continued to open  and next to the tablets was an Egyptian
>statuette kneeling, sitting back  on its heels with its hands resting
>on the its lap. Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, my attention was
>caught by the statuette.

Of rings, I found this in "A Dictionary of Symbols," by J.E. Cirlot:

"RING Like every closed circle, the ring is a symbol of continuity and
wholeness. This is why (like the bracelet) it has been used both as a
symbol of marriage and of the eternally repeated time-cycle. Sometimes it
occurs in animal form, as a snake or an eel biting its own tail
(Ouroboros); sometimes as a pure geometrical form. It is interesting to
note that, in some legends, the ring is regarded as the only remaining
link of a chain. Thus, it is told that when Jupiter allowed Hercules to
rescue Prometheus, it was on condition that the latter should thereafter
wear an iron ring, set with a piece of rock from the Caucasus, as a
symbol of submission to his punishment. Another type of ring is found in
the circle of flames surrounding the dancing Shiva as he performs the
cosmic dance; this flame-ring can be related to the Zodiac. Like the
Zodiac and the Ouroboros of the Gnostics, it has an active and a passive
half (evolution, involution), and stands for the life-cycle of both the
universe and each individual being: the circular dance of nature in
eternal process of creation and destruction. At the same time, the light
radiated by the ring of flames symbolizes eternal wisdom and
transcendental illumination."

Also, Walker writes of lapis (which means 'stone' in Latin): "LAPIS
MANALIS 'Stone of the Underworld,' or of the dead, the sacred stone
covering the pit of the 'manes' on Rome's Palatine Hill. At the annual
festival of Mania, the Ancestral Moon-mother, the stone was removed and
her children the 'manes' or ghosts-of-ancestors were invited to join the
feast. Sometimes the festival was called Parentalia, since the ghosts
inthe underworld were the same as the 'di parentes' or 'parent gods' from
past ages. Northern Europeans celebrated the same kind of festival at
Halloween or Samhain, also a feast to which ancestral ghosts were
invited."

As you may know, some ancient socieites such as Amerindians and Celts
buried their dead in barrows, or burial mounds.

So if what these scholars have written can be applied to your dream, you
saw the Moon Goddess of Life and Death with the Tablets of Law emerging
from a Phallic Burial Mound in her Sacred Grove, which is the goddess's
own Yoni! Rather millenial, if you ask me.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]