>Does anyone else believe that the Indo-European and Semitic
>languages and religions are indeed fertility and mushroom cults derived
>from ancient Sumerian language and culture?

 That they were ~the~ singular influence seems to be an inflated position
that pushes aside all other views and influences. For scholarly purposes of
exposition, (or exhibition) this is sometimes necessary, but never ~true~
in the sense we ususually use the word.

  But I'm speaking here without having read the book. A few general history
observations:

 Clearly Sumarian language and culture had a deep impact on the Levant, on
Egypt, Turkey/Anatolia and further. Trade records with Indus River valley
cultures have been found. When the Hebrews were in Babylon, a Sumerian
hand-me-down city, and decided to switch from oral to written records, the
sumerian (then assysian) language was surely going to impact the writing.

 Clearly a whole host of ecstatic mystery cults deeply impacted the area as
well. Mushrooms would certainly play a part in any cult that experiments
with local hallucinagens. The Greeks sure had enough left-over mushroom
sculptures to verify the lasting tradition.

 -Richard