Hi,

I have been reading a lot of articles on empirical studies using
multiple regreession. Many scientists use a scatterplot of the
standardized residuals and standardized PREDICTED values to test for
homoskedasticity. If there
was no pattern they concluded that the variance of the residuals was
costant across all level of the INDEPENDENT variables
(homoskedasticity).

This confuses me. Wouldn't I have to use scatterplots of EACH of the
INDEPENDENT variables and the residuals to make sure there is no
heteroskedasticity?

Best regards,

Jennifer Borck
.