Apologies for using the edu-sig as a bucket for all vaguely
education-related Python news, but some of you may find this useful.

As an off-shoot of some SchoolTool work funded by the Escondido
Charter School, we've now got mnet-wsgi, WSGI middleware to handle
Moodle's MNet web services.  Basically the middleware handles the
encryption and authentication MNet uses on top of XML-RPC, so that the
Python web application just has to talk regular XML-RPC.

Code here -- https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~mnet-maintainers/mnet-wsgi/main

We'll be using this as a foundation of some Moodle/SchoolTool
interoperability, but since it is WSGI, it should be useful to anyone
doing Python web apps for schools and universities using Moodle.

--Tom