A highlight of OSCON for me:

Pingo means "pin, go!": Universal IoT programming in Python by Luciano
Ramalho (Python.pro.br)

http://www.oscon.com/open-source-2015/public/schedule/detail/40410

I'm not any good at hardware hacking at this time in my life, though I used
to coach a Lego Mindstorms team in the old days.

My daughter on the other hand is in the middle of this stuff.  I'll share
the link as it's cutting edge stuff these days in STEM circles (controlling
these devices, turning them into serious instruments):

http://earlham.edu/news/article/?id=37371&r=14619

I just got the OSCON video package which is awesome.

Some of these may get to Youtube by permission of the speakers and OSCON
e.g. my co-worker Patrick Barton delivered this talk:

http://www.oscon.com/open-source-2015/public/schedule/detail/41508

He told me yesterday he hopes to share it on Youtube.

High school aged students might be interested in electrical utility
management given a SimCity background!  Patrick applies machine learning
using Python tools (from Numenta).

(more about simulations games in education)

Kirby