Erratum: 'Luciano packs his 'For Further Reading' with links directly TO
Google groups' ETC.

FoxPro refugees (Microsoft has stopped supporting that language) will
remember READ EVENTS as a last call to get a GUI going, akin to Tk's
mainloop().

Quoting from Fluent Python:

Dino Viehland showed how asyncio can be integrated with the Tkinter event
> loop in his “Using futures for async GUI programming in Python 3.3” talk
> <http://bit.ly/1HGuoos> at PyCon US 2013. Viehland shows how easy it is
> to implement the essential parts of the asyncio.AbstractEventLoop
> interface on top of another event loop. His code was written with Tulip,
> prior to the addition of asyncio to the standard library; I adapted it to
> work with the Python 3.4 release of asyncio. My updated refactoring is on
> GitHub <http://bit.ly/1HGulck>.

Chapter 18, Further Reading

Interesting stuff.  I have a lot of catching up to do.

Kirby