Hi Kirby,
I've always had a toe in both camps, namely the lambda and delta camps, as
you so aptly put it, and often blurred the boundaries between the two
whether I was teaching a CS or Mathematics class. I was often lauded by my
supervisors at such creativity for over 30 years. Unfortunately, even
before the pandemic, I was close to retiring as a new crop of
administrators did not like my creative approach and made my life
increasingly difficult for me at my old high school. Teaching remotely at
the college has been a great relief!

As far as Gary & Maria Litvin, I have used their discrete Math text for
years as the foundation for my intro CS course in python which I used as a
prerequisite for my AP CSA course. Speaking of Gods of CS education, I also
used textbooks by Cay Hotstmann in my AP CSA and CSAB courses over the
course of many years to great effect. Gary also wrote books for AP CS and
AP Calculus that I highly recommend. If you are interested, please see my
CS courses here,
http://www.patreon.com/calcpage2020

Over this pandemic year, I had the opportunity to attend several
conferences I hadn't been able to before. One of them was put together by
codehs.com and as a parting gift I just received a book in the mail. Jeremy
Keeshin, CEO and founder of codehs, wrote this book entitled "Read Write
Code." The theme being that coding is the new literacy that students need
to be exposed to now more than ever in our new economic and career
landscapes in the new millennium.

Sounds like everyone else is finally starting to catch up to us! What do
you think, Kirby?

Be well,
Al

A. Jorge Garcia