From: Sunshine Elite Education
Date: Sun, May 8, 2022 at 12:07 PM
Subject: Data Structure and Algorithms in Python: Sunday May 8: Pre Class
Prim's Algorithm

Greetings guys --

In the old days of purely paper textbooks, adding to them or changing them
was hard and only happened from one edition to the next, with maybe years
in between.

Today, those of us using Jupyter Notebooks within a version control system
for textbooks, likely have the ability to update them often.  We now think
in terms of an electronic textbook that has the ability to change
continuously through frequent new "versions" (instread of through
relatively infrequent "editions").

Along those lines...

At https://github.com/4dsolutions/elite_school

I have expanded ADS_sandbox_6.ipynb with new material regarding Prim's
algorithm for finding the least costly spanning tree within a graph.

Here's a Youtube I cite and include screenshots from:
https://youtu.be/Uj47dxYPow8

Prim's Algorithm: Minimum Spanning Tree (MST)
Jun 23, 2016
EducateYourself <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC10JldFF3n7mRSGX6QfrQAA>
2.07K subscribers
Short example of Prim's Algorithm, graph is from "Cormen" book.

Another resource I recently added, a new link from our textbook:
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/5-best-books-for-competitive-programming/

Might these be books from your library if you see CP in your future?  Are
any of them online?  Maybe you already have some data structure and
algorithms books you would like to recommend and/or share about.

I've included a few recommendations of my own e.g. Math Adventures with
Python for example.  I show a picture of its author, in front of my house.

See you at 6 pm.

Kirby

*Course Name*: Data Structure and Algorithms in Python
*Datetime*: 01/29-06/19 Wednesday,Sunday 6:00pm-7:00pm
*Location*: Online10

Thanks,
Sunshine Elite Education