From: kirby urner <kirby.ur...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, January 25, 2024 at 7:39:09 AM UTC-8
Subject: Synergetics in K-12
To: trimtab-book-c...@googlegroups.com <trimtab-book-c...@googlegroups.com>

The post below goes back to our TrimTab meetup with Siobhan Roberts and her
bio of H.S.M. Coxeter.
https://www.freelists.org/post/math4wisdom/Caring-for-our-legacies-Franz-Jere-Kirby-Andrius,4.

( public archive)

That USA public schools have proved themselves largely incapable of
incorporating useful K-12 content drawing from Synergetics has left them
non-competitive vs-a-vs private schools that are finding ways.

This deficiency could be addressed, however the quality of public school
education has dropped much lower on the priorities list than it used to be,
according to a public school worker I interviewed recently (I'm still
looking for a key data visualization on that score).

Kirby