Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> Le mardi 09 janvier 2007 à 14:17 -0800, Jordan Mantha a écrit :
>

>> I've started a list of potential candidates [1] that I found trolling
>> around the web and would really like to get feedback on them and other
>> packages to include so please take a look and discuss it.
>>

> [0] https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-on-two-cds
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JordanMantha/EdubuntuMIRCandidates
>
> I saw childsplay in your list. While it's a good software, it's not as
> rich as GCompris. Of course size matters and GCompris is really big but
> Edubuntu, despite this found a way to put it on their single CD.

Just to be clear, we don't plan on removing any of the current Edubuntu
apps. I'm looking for "in addition to". We plan on moving the
educational applications to the 2nd CD where there will be a choice of
something like "Young Children", "High School", and "University" which
will install an appropriate selection of packages from the 2nd CD. The
1st will bring back in the packages we had to remove from Ubuntu
(mono-based apps for example) and allow for room to work on the Edubuntu
documentation, artwork, and server setup.

-Jordan