> Denis....can you elaborate on your hardware?  Many of us install Feisty
> and Gutsy in large schools with virtually no issues at all. I'm running
> Feisty on both thin-clients and workstations with no issues. In fact, as
> I type this, I have 22 students in my lab working on a typing lesson in
> KTouch on thin-clients. Sound is never an issue for us...works fine. My
> clients boot in about 60 seconds....
>
> In any case...what are you using for a server?

Hi,
I believe this doesn't matter, the hardware is powerful
enough. But if you insist...
Server - 2 dual core Xeon w/ HT, 2 GB RAM, 2 250GB HDDs
in RAID1.

> How many connected clients?

3 used in test lab.

> What are you using for thin-clients?

Celeron 2.2 GHz, 512MB RAM, 100 Mbps NIC w/ PXE ROM.

> Are you using a gigabit switch?

The client connected to the server via 2 switches,
from server to client - D-Link DES-1026G (gigabit)
and D-Link DES-1016D (100 MB, to be replaced).

Denis.