I am having problems doing a distribution upgrade. I have done it ok on my
home computer (ubuntu with kubuntu and edubuntu added later), but at school
(edubuntu with kubuntu added) it is failing due to not catching all the
repositories. I have tried the NZ server, the main server and several other
servers (I used the choose the best server feature of synaptic), but
everytime it gives failed messages for some repositories.

I have tried using a cdrom image (with and without internet updates), but it
complains it can't find all the dependent packages. Perhaps this is because
it is not just ubuntu but kubuntu as well.

Should I try disabling the all but the main repositories first then enable
to other repositories later?

Can anyone give me some tips how to get past this?

Thanks.