On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:22:49PM +0200, Pierre Yann Baco wrote:
> 1°) I've tried your suggestion, i.e. adding a call to numlockx in
> ${CHROOT}/usr/lib/ltsp/screen.d/ldm script, right before the call the
> ldm binary.
>
> It does not work, as X is not started yet at this stage. X starts AFTER
> the ldm binary.

Ah, right, I was thinking of the new way we've decided to do things, where we
start X first, and LDM simply runs under X, as opposed to ldm starting X.

> 2°) Replacing the call to numlockx by a call to "setleds -D +num" does
> work....for 1/2 second: as soon as the ldm binary takes control, NumLock
> led goes off.

Hmm, so X itself resets the numlock state.  You'd like to think it would
read/honour the state of the meta keys before it starts up.  OK.

> I guess the only solution would be to call numlockx or setleds from the
> ldm binary...

Well, this is a bit on the gross side.  Gadi's got some patches where we can
call out rc.d scripts AFTER the X starts up, but before the greeter runs.  I
think I'll backport those, then we can call setleds/numlockx from that.  I hate
to hardcode a call to a binary within the program, I'd rather abstract it out
to a startup script, which is easier for a sysadmin to modify.

Cheers,
Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "There are many causes I am prepared to die for,
Systems Department |  but no causes I am prepared to kill for."