Three minutes and 46 seconds, to be precise : )

Round 1

Almost got there.  But I restored at the end of the day.
I copied the new one to  an image and I plan on returning soon.

There were some network issues... The supposedly
static server ip and DNS kept on getting changes/lost.
I could get it working, but how it behaved after a reboot
was random.

I think this is the problem....seems there are 2 things fighting for control.

Round 2, I'll restore the new system and try the fix from the forum.

It fixed problems I was having with Inkscape and Gimp.

-----------------------
On cloning

We use Clonezilla for our windows systems.  Clonezilla uses partimage.

We just have a 500 gig usb hard drive for server backups.  Partimage
takes about 15 minutes to do a full gzipped image and about 4 to put it back.

We have /home in a separate partition, so there is not that much to clone.
Gzipped, its maybe 5 gigs, maybe less a bit.

I know it works, because It worked today, and this is not the first time I
needed it.

I'm not sure it handles ext4 yet, so I'm staying on 3

have fun;;

>>> David Groos <djgr...@gmail.com> 11/03/09 7:11 PM >>>
How's it looking Harry?

And, how can you restore a system in <4 minutes?  I use clonezilla and to
burn the server image back onto a server it takes some 3-4 hours...  I don't
use partimage though--seems like that would would only repair part of the
deal?

David