Στις 20/05/2014 02:18 πμ, ο/η Nick Fenger έγραψε:
Alkis,

I've done some more testing and the newest nbd-disconnect IS working on
my previously non-working Dell Optiplex 7xx series. As you stated,
shutdown works when initiated from the graphical interfaces - LightDM
(fat) and LDM (thin). I'll test my Gateway E Series systems when I'm at
my other school tomorrow.

Initiating the shutdown command via a terminal session or ssh still
fails (nbd-disconnect is not called). Is there a way to cleanly shutdown
the client via ssh? - Or - clean up the server connections, swap files,
etc... after a more aggressive shutdown (since the ssh shutdown will be
initiated from the server anyway).

First, try plain `poweroff` from root@tty1. It should "just work".
Then go on with trying `poweroff` from root@ssh_connection. That should work, even if you do it from an ssh connection.

Don't use `shutdown` as in some versions it means "halt but don't poweroff the system".

If you're still having problems, ensure that you have reverted all of your local changes to `poweroff` (script wrapper etc).

BTW, because some people still suggest `poweroff -fp`, let me mention that:
 * it leaves the ssh connections open
 * it leaves the nbd connections open
 * the swap files on the server don't get deleted
 * in 3.13+ kernels, the nbd-server process for that client hangs,
   and that client then can't boot again for some time.

That's why nbd-disconnect was implemented, to bypass problems caused by `poweroff -fp`. It was just not triggered in 12.04 because we changed the LTSP /proc/cmdline without updating nbd-disconnect.