Hello everyone,

So it seems the majority say go with Firefox, while a few bring up some
good points for Chrome.

I do have both installed on the LTSP server for the school to use, but I
suppose my question was which should be the default and/or encouraged so as
to manage the load on the server.

One reason I like Firefox is because I can get global preferences (as shown
here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/FirefoxOptimize ) to help
manage things.  I haven't seen such options for Chrome, which is another
vote in that direction.

One detraction from Firefox is that Flash seems to be on its dying breath
in Firefox, but Chrome has a new implementation called Pepper (or something
like that) which is actively being supported.  A huge number of educational
websites still use flash, so I feel that is a big knock against Firefox --
every time the teachers load a flash-based website I'd see huge spikes in
server load.

Did you experience something similar or are there other factors I've not
included?

Thank you
Joseph