On 2/10/2015 7:17 PM, Adam Fischer wrote:
Hello,

We've been using LTSP for a long time, but found that with Ubuntu 14.04, that installing a quick-and-easy LTSP setup from initial OS install was hard to come by. Edubuntu was always something I wanted to try, knowing that you used LTSP, so I decided to try it out.

The install is marvelously simple. After the OS install, I plug in a Diskless Workstation, and it boots up right away.

The problem is that after I do an apt-get upgrade, the thin client can no longer get any TFTP response from the server.

sudo service tftpd-hpa status

Shows that it is running. Though to be honest, I don't know if it's the necessary process or not.

I have to imagine I'm not the only one who has run into this, as it seems like something that would happen fairly commonly to anyone using Edubuntu 14.04 and doing regular updates.

Things I have attempted:

Rebooting
sudo ltsp-update-kernels
sudo ltsp-update-image

Has anyone else run into this, or know what I should do? If I have to mark a package so that it doesn't update, I can do that, but I don't know which package to mark.

If someone could at least try and replicate this issue, that would do wonders, as it would point me toward some sort of hardware issue, too.

I'm running Lubuntu 14.04.1 for the server, and my initial LTSP-PNP setup results in TFTP Open Timeout errors during client boot. The fix for that in my environment is to edit /etc/dnsmasq.d/network-manager and replace the "bind-interfaces" line with a "bind-dynamic" line.