Hi,

Years ago, I had the same problem with slow applications running in the
fat-clients, especially when using OpenOffice.org and when users accessed
Flash web sites (to the point some clients appeard to be freezing).

I did solved the problem by installing OpenOffice.org and Firefox as local
applications (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTSPLocalAppSetup).

Good luck with the settings

> Hi All,
>
> I've an LTSP PnP classroom with 10 Alix2d13 thin clients (AMD Geode LX 500
> Mhz, 256 MB ram) .
> The server is an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 v3 @ 3.10GHz, 4 GB ram.
>
> I've two main problems:
> - sometimes the thin clients hang without any message (especially with
> graphic applications); could be an hardware or a software problem related
> to Geode drivers? How I can check if I have the proper Geode driver
> installed?
> - the users complain about low Internet performances when all clients use
> game with flash. The server doesn't seem overloaded; I do not think a
> problem related with Internet bandwidth (it's around 6 Mbps). Could be a
> problem related to an overload of thin client? Could be useful to install a
> proxy or install Firefox as local app on thin clients?
>
> Thank you for the answers!
>
> --

Vu Do Quynh (M.)
Hanoi, Vietnam