Hello.  I'm using 14.04 rolled up with ltsp pnp and Mate.  I used a basic
14.04 live CD for the install.  If you have clients actually loading and
running ... however slowly, you may just have a network bottleneck.  You
need a check your logs and Google the errors and the messages on the boot
screen.  Are you on a gig network?  A stable gig network can fix many
hangups.  Sorry I can't help you any more, Jim