Hi, Alex.

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Axel Pettersson
<axel.petters...@wikimedia.se> wrote:

> Also, if you haven't seen it before, have a look at this interview I did
> last year: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nobel-interviews_2011.ogv
> It might come in handy if you ever need a quote from a Nobel laureate who's
> using Wikipedia.

That is AWESOME. I didn't know it. :)

You just gave me another idea. We could try to make these short
interviews with some wikipedians with articles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedians_with_articles

Last semester a friend invited me to give a lecture on the Wikipedia
Education Program at his university, the same of professor Marcelo
Gleiser, [1] and I though it would be a great opportunity to invite
him to the program or even make short comments about Wikipedia. Since
he has made a program for popularizing science in a big TV news here
in Brazil, I think that would be really good to raise awareness about
Wikipedia and the program.

Some friends from Wikimedia Brasil have made in 2010 also videos with
Lawrence Lessig and Sergio Amadeu, the later a famous activit on
copyright reform and free software here in Brazil:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ALessig_sobre_a_Wikipedia.ogv

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3AS%C3%A9rgio_Amadeu_fala_sobre_Wikipedia.ogv

We should explore more this possibility as well! I hope this semester
in Brazil we can invite some prominent professors and make videos of
them commenting Wikipedia articles and wikipedians learning from their
comments and improving the articles while we debate the subject.

Tom

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Gleiser

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)