Al Lorona wrote:

> The APF discussion is awesome, and I'm blown away that the K3 will be
> upgraded
> with it, and it's going to be a great tool,

On behalf of everyone wanting to see APF implemented in the K3, I would like
to publicly thank Al W6LX for doing the circuit simulation in August 2009.

http://sites.google.com/site/ft1000apf/w6lxanalysisoftheapfcircuitintheft-1000

Al used the "original" FT-1000 APF circuit (not the later modification by
Yaesu, which was inferior).  Most feel this original design is the "gold
standard" of APF designs.

http://lists.contesting.com/_topband/2000-03/msg00051.html

Although it's taken some 14 months for Elecraft to respond, better late than
never!  It's indeed exciting to contemplate a really good APF being added to
the K3's arsenal.

You can all thank Al for his very significant role in providing the actual
roadmap for Elecraft to follow in emulating the FT-1000 APF.

73,  Bill  W4ZV