Suppose you're operating in the field, or mobile, and don't have a log book or writing instrument. You then snag a new state or country and want to remember the call, etc. What to do?

This happened to me today while walking around with my KX1. I worked AA5AE in New Mexico using 1.5 watts and a 4-foot whip--a new state for my pedestrian-mobile effort. Not trusting my memory (for the time, call, QTH, name, and RST), I used one of the KX1's two CW message buffers to log the QSO. On arriving home, I played back the buffer (in P=0 playback mode) and logged the QSO.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---