On Jun 14, 2004, at 6:50 PM, David Toepfer wrote:

This procedure got an initial nod from Wayne so I am posting it to the list for
broader peer review as it were...

Thanks, David. To anyone attempting this procedure:

- Calibrating the S-meter is a bit tedious by whatever method you use. I hope to make the KX1's S-meter much easier to calibrate in the future.

- It's likely that only a very small range of S-meter menu parameter values will be usable, since they depend only on the accuracy of the 5- and 6-volt regulators. So a faster method might be to start with the average values used by all builders, then tweak them up/down over a very small range.

- Clearly, the S-meter function of the KX1 is secondary in importance to the rig's other features. There are only six bars, limiting its utility no matter how well you calibrate it.

73,
Wayne
N6KR