From: "Carl J. Denbow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 8:52 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] KSB2 Install Question

This weekend I put together the SSB Board -- although I have a few hours of
work left on the main K2 kit.  I wanted to make sure that I had SSB ready to
go when the K2 is finished.  When I finished the SSB board and looked at the
installation instructions, it had a rather weird sentence or two saying that
if the filter crystals X7-X11 were ground on the left side that this would
interfere with the SSB module installation.  Well, when I construct the RF
board the instructions clearly said to ground the aforementioned crystals on
both left and right side.  Furthermore, I did a test mounting of the SSB
board and discovered that the left side grounds for the crystal covers do
not seem to make any kind of physical contact with the SSB board.  My
question is is this perhaps a case of my KSB2 instructions being written (2
May 00) before those from my main kit (22 Oct 02).  Perhaps, a modification
was made in the RF board which makes these KSB2 instructions null and void.
It's either that, or poor instructions in the general kit manual.  And, we
all know Elecraft wouldn't do that! :-)

Any clarification here would be appreciated!

Oh yes, for the record, I have SN 03116

73

Carl
N8VZ