K2 2330 experiences the same malady. Even a slight bump will cause this. I'm waiting to get in there and replace the pot. Just having too much fun to open her up.
Hate to replace it and have the problem resurface.

1) yes.

2) ??

AF pot gives plenty of volume with no scratchiness so no problem there.

take care

Indy wrote:

My audio cuts out momentarily whenever I rotate the RF gain pot.  I suppose the
RF gain pot is generating noise (dirty) and that noise is triggering the AGC.
I do find that if I rapidly rotate the knob back and forth through perhaps
ninety degrees a dozen times or more, the problem is temporarily reduced.

1)  Do others have this problem?

2)  what is the recommended solution?

I have never done the AF pot mod because it is not noisy at all.

tnx,

fred
kt5x
K2 # 0700
Palm # 0070
You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc):
http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com

--

73