I keep asking myself if I really want to plunk down the
bucks for one of those monsters, and the answer I give
myself is "the Orion you have isn't 4 times better than
the K2 (more like 1.01X), so what makes you think the
IC-7800 will be 10 times better?"  In my case, I'd be
far better off spending half the cost of an IC-7800 on
antennas; I'd definitely get the most bang for the buck
that way.

All I can say is if you really, really want one of those
behemoths and can afford it, more power to you.  Life's
too short to not get what you want.

Just my $0.02.

73,

Bob  WA4FOM